Facts About Skunks
- A skunk can spray repeatedly and shoot the spray for a distance of 14 feet, getting up to a height of 6 feet. Baby skunk spray too! I have had people tell me that baby skunk cannot spray, but this is NOT TRUE, they can, trust me!
- Skunks like grubs, so if you’re finding your yard torn up by a skunk, you need to treat your lawn for grubs.
- Skunks are an animal of habit and normally walk the same route every night.
- As long as you do not startle them and/or leave them alone, they will usually leave you alone.
- Rinse your jars and cans! Skunk, raccoon and other animals get in trouble with jars and cans when they smell what had been in the container. Do the animals a favor and rinse out those cans and jars.
WILDLIFE PROGRAMS AND DISPLAYS
If you would like to see many of these animals up close, please consider booking one of our Wildlife Programs or Displays that are reasonably priced and perfect for Organizations | Schools | Churches | Campgrounds | Nursing Homes | Fundraisers | Displays at Events. All money generated from the programs & displays goes right back into the care of the wildlife.
For more information about our programs, visit our programs page.
Copyright 2017 Fran Kitchen
Operation Orphan Wildlife Rehabilitation, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization and does not receive federal funding. We are supported entirely through private donations, memberships, and proceeds from our education programs. Click here to donate.